Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Welcome Home Baby Girl!


Julianne Alyse Kemp
Sunday, April 10, 2011
8:54 am
6 lbs 12 oz
18.5 in


Her Story:


I woke up early Sunday morning to 1 contraction, followed by my water breaking. I got right up and finished packing my hospital bag as well as the boys bags. I knew I would need some strength, so I had ate a bowl of Cheerios and then went back to bed because I was exhausted....it WAS 3 in the morning! No one should be up at that hour! It took me about an hour to finish packing and eating and during this time my contractions were pretty close together and pretty strong. This kind of surprised me because my water had just broken. But I went back to bed and was able to dose on and off for the next 3 1/2 hrs because my contractions slowed way down to only 9 minutes apart.....in my mind, this was going to be a longer labor. (What else would someone think if their contractions were that far apart and for that long???)

Well, at 7:30am I decided to get up and get this labor progressing because I was tired of having my sleep interrupted by contractions! Here is the funny part, as soon as I made up my mind to have my baby girl and "get the party started", my body just kicked into high gear! And when I say "high gear," I'm saying that my contractions went from 9 minutes apart to 2 minutes apart right when I climbed out of bed! Good thing I finished packing earlier and good thing we called our friend Cara to come over at 5am and sleep here! By the time David loaded up the car and got ready it was 8:20am.

I was starting to feel some pressure before we left the house so I told David he needed to step on it! Well, he drove about 90 mph all the way down to Provo, about 30 minutes away from where we live. We called our doctor on the way down, and she pulled into the parking lot at the same time we did, thank goodness, and met us at the door. David was wheeling me across the parking lot and I was trying not to push Julianne out! Our doctor took us straight to the delivery room, put me right on the bed and 2 pushes later, out came my baby girl!

I love how similar this story is to Tyson's birth! Julianne was just born 6 minutes faster than my 6 hour labor with Tyson! It is crazy how my body works! My labor basically lasted from 7:30am (when I got out of bed and made up my mind to have a baby) to 8:54am when Julianne was born. It happened hard and fast and I wouldn't want it any other way! If I'm gonna have a baby, let's "get her done!" Anyway, it was awesome and we're so happy she is here!


First are a few pictures of my baby shower. It was so fun to get some girly stuff! My parents were able to come into town for a quick visit for my baby shower and niece's baptism. My boys love their grandma!





The goodies from my baby shower




















One of the many adorable outfits! I love the flower on the booty!



A random profile baby bump shot....15 days before I met my little girl




The amazing girls who threw my baby shower!




I'm not completely done decorating Julianne's room, but here's what I have so far.




The most beautiful baby bedding in the world!!!!! Thanks again Grandma and Grandpa!




The proud mama of a sweet baby girl!




Proud papa too! She already has him wrapped around her tiny finger!
(Don't you just love the look on her face??)




The first of a lifetime of kisses from Daddy




I'm so lucky to be blessed with such a darling little girl!




I can't keep my lips off of her either!




First weigh in!




Getting ready for a bath




She never cried! Not even after the nurses rubbed her back and feet and gave her a bath and a shot....not a single peep! And she's still like that after a week! She is just an angel baby! Very easy-going and calm, with the sweetest spirit I could ask for.




Julianne's first bow! Daddy picked it out!







Proud big brother! He loves her so much!







My best friend, Kenzie, came to visit us at the hospital and even brought Julianne a chocolate birthday cake! Mama very much appreciated it!




More hospital visitors!




Getting ready to leave the hospital. Isn't she beautiful???




I love her so much!




The view from our hospital window. Wasn't it a beautiful spring day the day my baby girl was born? It couldn't have been more perfect!




Getting some love at home!




Don't you just want to kiss those cheeks off??




"Do I have to kiss her, Mommy?" haha! Just kidding! Zachary loves to sit and lay down by Julianne and kiss her head and rub her hair!








I love this picture of Tyson with Julianne! He just can't get enough of his little sister! He keeps saying how much he loves her and loves her hands!




Oh, she's just so pretty!




Big yawn!




I thought Zachary was my little baby just 7 days ago!




"Oh, Mom, not another picture!"




"Well, okay, if you must. How does this look?"




We are so excited to have you in our family, my beautiful Julianne! We love you so much and are so blessed to have your sweet spirit, fresh from Heaven, fill our home. I'm so happy to be your Mama. I love you!


16 comments:

capturingtheride said...

Congrats! She definitely looks like her brothers :) All three are cuties :) Hope we can see you guys when we're in town next month!

Well...I was thinking you didn't have any headbands (looks like she has one to match every outfit :) so I made several and sent them last week - not sure if you got them or even if you need them... but hopefully you'll like them nonetheless.

Enjoy those newborn moments - and best of luck going from man-on-man to ZONE!

Trisha said...

She is absolutly adorable!!! You make beautiful children. That is one crazy birth story, glad you made it on time. Enjoy those wonderful kids of yours. Miss you.

Rachel and Jared said...

What a little Q-T!!! I just wish I was there so I could hold her!! Oh, she looks so sweet. I love the nursery!! Love you guys congrats!!

Rach said...

Yay Congrats! She is so beautiful, you will love having a little girl to spoil! I love her room too!

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

Maybe that is what I will tell me body this time around. Let's get it done!!! A 6 hour labor sounds perfect! She is so adorable! I am so happy for you guys!!

Karen said...

She is adorable! I can't believe you wait that long to go to the hospital!!! Congrats! I am glad everything went well. :)

~Audrey ~ said...

Congratulations again! She's beautiful!

Maren B said...

She looks just like Tyson! And I can see Zachary in her, too. She's precious. I can't believe how fast your labor was, and I especially can't believe that you waited that long to go to the hospital when it was that far away, you crazy! Glad she didn't come out in the parking lot. Hope your transition to 3 is going fine so far. Call me when you are ready to come up for air!

Maren B said...

PS what's with your baby bump? You were full term in that shot? You looked 6 months pregnant. Your "baby bumps" makes my pregnancies look like "baby Mt. Everests."

Amanda said...

She's beautiful!! I don't know anybody else with your crazy-quick labor stories and I can't imagine anybody else that it seems more perfect for. You handle it with ease. You are amazing! Congrats Kemp Family!

David and Melanie said...

Congratulations! She's gorgeous just like her mama! and I love the dino birthday party. too cute :)

Jill and Travis said...

Congratulations guys! She is beautiful, and it looks like she is getting plenty attention and love--just what every little girl needs! :) Hope all the transitions are going great!

treadfamily said...

She is just beautiful. I love the pictures of her with Tyson and her with Zack. They will be such good big brothers and take care of her so well just like Dave has always taken care of me. She looks so darn cute and your boys look equally as cute, I just love all your kids. Miss you guys and I'm so excited that Julianne is finally here!!

Jennifer said...

I love all the pictures! I love when Tyson is holding her!
Jen

Anonymous said...

Such a sweetie-pie, I hope to meet her soon! Great job on her nursery too, it's way cute! Love you all!

myrna said...

Hey Kelli,
Finally getting a moment to peak in at your blog. Your baby Julianne is gorgeous! Your whole family is adorable! So fun to see you at Kasi's wedding ;)