Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Zachary's First Down!

My little boy is 1! I cannot believe how much faster time goes the second time around! I don't even want to think about it when our little girl comes into the picture!

He has grown up so much and so fast! He is such a good boy and is always so excited when I come to get him from his crib. He'll throw his blankets to the floor letting me know he's ready to play!
He loves to eat oatmeal for breakfast, followed by some cheerios. He'll eat his vegetables pretty well, but mostly because I think he knows he gets some type of yummy fruit if he finishes!
He sleeps in the corner of his crib, either on his left side or flat on his back with his arms up and legs spread! When I cover him up, he'll grab the blanket and put his right over his face to sleep. If you try and tuck it around his little face, he'll just pull it right back up. That's where he wants it, and that's where it's gonna stay!
He loves to be chased by his brother and runs screaming this adorable scream down the hall and then he'll throw himself into my arms laughing, once he's reached safety! But he'll turn immediately right back around and do it over and over again! It's so fun to see them play together and I know it will just get better and better as he gets bigger and can keep up and stick up for himself!
He can say Mama, Dada, ball, bye-bye and uh-oh



We love the Oregon Ducks over here (they've made it to the National Championship this year, by the way! Tune in January 8th to see them kick some Auburn trash!) so we decided to throw an Oregon Duck Football Bash for Zack's 1st B-day!




Zack loves to run and jump and throw himself onto Tyson's bean bag! He'll just laugh and laugh trying to get out of it!




My birthday boy!













This is one of his favorite places to be. I don't know where he comes from sometimes! I turn my back for one second and there he is climbing the shelves! The little stinker!







His other favorite past-time is to throw all of the toys out of the cupboard and climb on in. He and Tyson will just sit in there with the door shut and laughing. I don't know what they're doing in there, but laughing is okay by me!




Here is his cake!




Since we decided to throw a football party, we had to have game-day food! So we had 7-layer dip, chips, taquitos, and hot wings! YUM! I wish everyday were game-day!




Wearing his Duck's jersey!




My boys in their duck apparel. I think Zack was trying to tell me something here!




The Duck bib




Zack was not at all interested in opening his presents! He wanted nothing to do with it! Just wanted to socialize and play with the toys he already has....which is why we only bought him 1 present!
We had to grab him and set him in his Daddy's lap to look at what his friends and family brought him!










"oooooo, fire."



Zack also wanted nothing to do with the cupcake we gave him once he felt it! My boys just don't like getting messy! It seriously cracks me up! He didn't even like the taste! He just kept trying to wipe it off his tray, which explains the mess! He didn't make the mess trying to eat it!








He finally tasted it!








I finally got a little smile out of him! He was just so unsure about getting to make a mess.....I'm a clean freak, to put it lightly!




Clean up afterwards!





This was Zack's favorite part of his birthday!









Trying on his new winter hat! I love his fat, little face!




Playing with his new toy once all the other kids were gone. It was a little overwhelming so he definitely enjoyed his quiet time later!




Happy 1st Birthday, my handsome little boy!

5 comments:

capturingtheride said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Zachary!

It IS CRAZY how fast it goes the second time. SLOW it down already! I heard it just gets faster with each kid :(

Be sure and just enjoy each and every moment!

David and Melanie said...

happy birthday!! and happy labor day to you Kelli! love the cute pics!

Trisha said...

What a little stud he's becoming, Happy Birthday Zack! Looks just like his brother with his little mohawk. Good job with the cake! Glad it wasn't the disaster that happened with Pooh Bear, though Pooh was still cute!

Rachel and Jared said...

Wish I could have been there for the party. Looks like a BLAST! What a Q-T!! So did you make that cake? Super cool!! Can't wait to meet Zack in Florida...It is about time...I can't believe he is already one!

Brandon & Jamie said...

Yaaaa!!!!
GO OREGON DUCKS!!!!!!
What a great birthday idea for the little man. He is so adorable!