Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Our Crazy Halloween


We had an awesome week of Halloween activities! It started with Tyson's Joy School party. He had an awesome time! Here he is showing me his really big muscles!





All the kids played pin the nose on the Jack -o-lantern. They were blindfolded and everything! It was very cute!



Tyson looked like this during the entire party!




Then they played a relay of scooping candy corns with a spoon and running across the room to empty them in another bucket. It was so cute! Boys vs girls.




"Go Tyson, go!"




The boys won! Woo-hoo!




Playing Pumpkin, Pumpkin, Witch!




Tyson ran as fast as he could after he said, "Witch!"




The crew




They finished up the party decorating sugar cookies.




That same afternoon Tyson and I baked some Halloween treats. Tyson kept saying, "It's okay that sprinkles fall off. I'll just eat them. It's okay." I couldn't help but smile!




My little helper




We ended up making sugar cookies, Witches Wands, and Monster Munch. MMMMMMM!




Here I am giving my best impression of an ultimate fighter. "You can't handle this!"
Haha! (David gave me the bloody knuckles!)




"Put up your dukes! Grrrrrrr!"




Oh, how I love my little bear!




The Fighting Kemps, with their mascot, Little Bear!




For Family Night, we had a Halloween dinner of cheese ghosts and Mummy Dogs....and avocados and chips just to round it all out! :)




So I'm not very artistic, but I made this game to play. Each picture was worth a different amount of points and the players got 3 throws of the bean bag to get the highest score. It was actually pretty fun! David and I got a little competitive and were throwing it across the house to see if we could make it land on a card! Tyson thought it was hilarious!




Tyson playing the game




Zack thought Halloween Twister was a better idea!




We finished off our Family Night carving pumpkins.




Zack thought the guts felt pretty cool!




He's always up for a taste test!




Loving every second!




Here he is using those big muscles again! They definitely come in handy!




Just a little bedtime snack! (I couldn't keep the pumpkin out of his mouth! I finally had to put him on the floor!)




Our dessert of Witches Wands




Helping carve the pumpkin (I'm pretty sure he has underwear on here......not positive, though!)




Our happy little pumpkin!




A few days before Halloween we woke up to this!




We had to go enjoy it!

















To end our week-long celebration of Halloween got the kids dressed up to go trick-or-treating.
I love my baby!




If only all bears were this cute!




Tyson's first time trick or treating! We practiced saying "trick or treat!" all month long and he was so excited to yell it at the doors! I had to tell him a few times to say it when the door was OPENED. It was so dang adorable to watch him run up to a house with his bag wide open while yelling, "trick or treat!" He was not shy about it at all, which made it even more adorable!
After every house, he kept saying, "We're going to a NEW house now!" or "I want to go to a NEW neighborhood!"

I might have had more fun than he did!








"I love candy!"




My bear cub all snuggled up




I hope everyone had as much fun as we did this Halloween!

6 comments:

David and Melanie said...

Love the photos!! Your boys are the cutest :) and way to go making all those treats and fun games for your family night, you're awesome!

treadfamily said...

Kelli, you are so creative, you really went all out, I love it!! I'm so sad that you guys finally moved back when we are gone, but I'm glad you are loving it. The boys looked so cute for Halloween, I'm so dang excited to see all of you and to find out about your new little one. Love you!!

Trisha said...

What a fun Halloween! Love all of your costumes. And of course you're still not showing, lucky girl. Those witches fingers look yummy!

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

Very creative food! The cookies look awesome! As much as I try my sugar cookies never turn out cute. It is so nice to see some pictures! Keep it up! :)

Jill and Travis said...

Awww, your little boys are adorable! Looks like you all had so much fun! Hope you are feeling well!

Jennifer said...

We are getting caught up on looking at our family's blogs. It was nice to see all the pictures. We can't wait to see you in a week.