My amazing husband came home for lunch one day and surprised me with tickets for a Caribbean Cruise! I was in total shock! We've been talking about taking a vacation, just the two of us, for a couple of years, but I always thought it would be in the very far future! Boy, I was the happiest wife and mom of 2 (soon to be 3)! This was the perfect time to get away and we were so ready!
We went on an Eastern Caribbean cruise, and although it rained a lot of the time (it's hurricane season), we still had an awesome time!
Here is David at one of the many restaurants on the ship. He's very excited about his order of lobster tail, clams, and steak.
We went on an Eastern Caribbean cruise, and although it rained a lot of the time (it's hurricane season), we still had an awesome time!
Here is David at one of the many restaurants on the ship. He's very excited about his order of lobster tail, clams, and steak.
He ate himself into a coma!
Our stops were Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Kitts, St. Thomas, and Princess Cays Bahamas. We were not able to see Barbados or St. Kitts due to the heavy rains and waves and the entire islands being flooded, so we stayed at sea and kept on sailing to the next islands. This was no problem because the ship has so much to do! We saw a comedy show, magic show, 2 dancing shows, a ventriloquist, went clubbing to get our grooves on, played a few rounds of mini golf (and actually won 1st and 2nd place in a competition!), ping pong, movies under the stars.....ahhhhh, we had a blast!
Here on St. Lucia (most of my pictures are from here), we rented a scooter for half the price if we had taken a taxi! And we didn't have to stick to any tour agenda, we could cruise the entire island on our own time limit and it was the best day we had!
Don't laugh at my amazing helmet, I was totally loving it and wanted to share with you how styling they can actually be!
Here on St. Lucia (most of my pictures are from here), we rented a scooter for half the price if we had taken a taxi! And we didn't have to stick to any tour agenda, we could cruise the entire island on our own time limit and it was the best day we had!
Don't laugh at my amazing helmet, I was totally loving it and wanted to share with you how styling they can actually be!
Now this is pure style.
St. Lucia was our favorite island by far and definitely the most beautiful. Here is a view of Marigot Bay.
This is two hours down the coast and a view of the famous Pitons.
This is a volcano that we stopped to see. On the map it said, "Drive in Volcano" so we were picturing driving into a cave or the side of the mountain INTO a volcano.....nope. We got to the top of this hill, and asked where the volcano was so that we could drive into it on our mad, cool scooter and this man said that we've been driving in the volcano since the bottom of the hill! What the???? How glad were we that we didn't sign up and pay for THAT tour!
So here we are "in" the volcano. HAHAHA
We stopped for lunch on the way back and this seaside restaurant.....
and then continued on our way with some amazing views!
We had a little time left before we had to be back on the ship, so we took this ridiculous road up a cliff and back down to a secluded black sand beach. It was GORGEOUS! David couldn't get enough of the sand and wanted to take some home! It was the softest powder I've ever felt and left our skin silky smooth.
**I can't forget to mention that halfway home this storm hit St. Lucia. When I say "hit" I mean full on hurricane! And when I say "halfway" I mean that we still had an hour to go on our scooter! It was the most hilariously drenching and slippery and painful raindrop ride home that we've ever had! I honestly haven't laughed that hard and that long in my whole life. It was awesome! And to top it off, we were going 30mph and suddenly this full-size dog comes darting out of the woods and comes straight for us! He obviously didn't like scooters cause he was charging with teeth barred! For some reason he hesitated for the slightest second and Dave was able to lift his leg up (the satanic dog was going to tear it off!) and we nailed him in the head instead! We both thought we were going to flip, but we were being watched over and kept the scooter upright and headed home! We turned around to see what we did to the psychotic dog and it was actually chasing us again! Stupid thing! What kind of animal does that?? I'll tell you, deranged ones, rabid ones, evil ones!
I love this picture for a few reasons: the lone sailboat, the storm rolling in, and David's feet poking out of the water!
I love this picture for a few reasons: the lone sailboat, the storm rolling in, and David's feet poking out of the water!
Here we are on one of the formal nights on the ship. People go ALL out, like it's the Oscars or something, but this is what we came up with.
We met a great couple to hang out with while on the cruise: Jason and Lisa. They were on their honeymoon and were absolutely hilarious!
Who is that creepy guy in the background??? :)
The last day of our cruise was absolutely beautiful and we were docked at Princess Cays, Bahamas. The water was an amazing color and temperature and we lounged on the beach all day and went snorkeling. It was a lovely end to our vacation.
Here is a picture of our boat taken from the beach. It is the Emerald Princess. We had to be water taxied to the beach, which was fun by itself! We took the life boats so at least I knew they worked!
I had such a great time! Thank you so much, Babe, for the amazing surprise! Can't wait to do it again!
9 comments:
awesome shots! Glad you had a fun getaway!
HOW FUN!!!! That is an awesome surprise! I am so glad that you guys are expecting! You have the cutest kids... I can't wait to see pictures of the next one!
I am so glad you got to get away before baby #3 comes! What a fun surprise!
Holy smokes! Lucky ducks! Looks like a blast and you looked lovely on your formal night by the way!
Looks like so much fun! Every couple needs to get away. I'll start dropping some hints to my hubby ;)
That looks fun, it makes me want to go right now!!!! I'm glad you guys got a break and were able to party hard and Kelli as usual doesn't look pregnant at all, but looks like a hottie. So jealous!! I really like the picture with David's feet poking out of the water as well, what a dork. Love you guys and all the pictures are great, I'm so glad you updated.
You guys so deserved that trip! Glad you survived with all the crappy weather. I can't wait to go on a cruise again.
Yay for you! Sounds awesome, especially the part about driving through a hurricane on a scooter. Hope all is well with your pregnancy and David's practice.
Hey guys!! We love the pictures!! I posted a bunch of pictures of all of us on facebook!! Check them out!!
Kelli...how are you feeling??
How's your knee?? LOL!!
Miss you guys!!! When is our next vacation?? LOL!!
PS love the "creepy guy" pic!
Post a Comment