Saturday, July 31, 2010

Utah

Hi, everyone! Yes, we ARE alive and doing fantastic here in Utah! Since we've moved here, I have been busy getting our home in order so the kiddos feel comfortable, getting to know the area by taking my boys to different parks every week, going to playgroup so I can meet some new friends, spending time with family and old friends....basically, blogging has been the last thing on my mind! I've thought about it, but haven't wanted to do it because it felt like another chore! It's easy to NOT do it once you've stopped for a few weeks! But I've been taking pictures up the wazoo, so it's time I posted them!


This is round 1.






Can I just tell you how much I love this little boy? He is so sweet and happy and smiles all day long and laughs at everything you do, especially at what Tyson does, plays so well by himself and is our little adventurous one! He'll wander down the dark hallway into a dark room and sit in there and play with something he's found for a good 5 minutes! He doesn't even care that I'm not around! Does this mean trouble in the future???




For the Fourth of July, we went to our friend's house for a big BBQ and this is what I contributed. Yum! I love this holiday!




After the BBQ, there were fireworks galore! Tyson had never seen them before or held a sparkler so he was in absolute heaven! I'm pretty sure this was the best night of his life! He stood up the entire fireworks show, a good half-hour, and clapped so enthusiastically after every single firework that I thought his hands would bleed! He would then turn around after every single firework with the biggest smile I have ever seen and make sure everyone else was clapping and enjoying themselves as much as he was! It was absolutely adorable!




Zack, on the other hand, wasn't so pleased that the loud noises woke him up!







Tyson and I all snuggled together to watch the fireworks




I'm still working with Zack on eating solids. He just isn't a big fan, although this picture doesn't help my case!



Nothing cuter and more peaceful than a sleeping baby.



Tyson would not eat his spaghetti dinner one day so I finally got him to eat it by calling it worms! Typical boy!



Showing me the chewed up worms!




I just love those big brown eyes!




Showing off his two bottom teeth




We have a pool right out our door, so we go there quite a bit to get some energy out. Tyson and Zack are both little fish! Tyson loves to jump into the "deep water" and stare at everything under there for as long as he can! Then he pops up for a breath of air and goes right back under, kicking his feet and moving his arms! His eyes are bloodshot when we're through but he has the best time!










What's for dinner, Mom?




Tyson loves to be in the kitchen with me! I guess he's seen me measure liquids a few times! I didn't even tell him to do this!




I love summer and I love corn on the cob!




David's grandpa passed away last month so we spent a lot of time at his home and backyard in Provo. It is a lovely place!







Swinging with Papa Bruce




Superman!



Tyson loved picking raspberries from grandpa's garden! I had to literally pull him away because he ate so many and I thought he'd get a tummy ache!



Sumersault! Maybe I should put him in a tumbling class?!




Fresh zucchini




Swinging with cousins Kaylee and Kenna. We love being close to family! Now, all I need is MY family to come live by me and I'd be happy as a lark! C'mon everyone!




Blowing bubbles




My little stud muffin




Running through the sprinklers with Papa!




Jump rope, anyone?




Summer fun!








This last set of pictures totally cracks me up! I snapped these within seconds of each other! Zack was trying to copy all of my facial expressions and this is what I captured!





















I'll post round 2 very soon!

5 comments:

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

Oh Zach melts my heart! I miss you guys SO much! I am glad that everything is going good!

Trisha said...

Glad you guys are happy and having a great time living in Utah. Your boys are just too adorable, you've gotten some great pics of them over the summer. Hope things are going well with David's internship and future business. Miss you guys.

Maren B said...

Oh, preciousness! Zach is hilarious. Glad you guys have family around-- I guess they are a good enough reason for you to have moved away from us. Post more!

David and Melanie said...

your boys could not be any cuter!! Glad you're enjoying Utah!

Brandon & Jamie said...

Wow! Lots of great pictures. That fourth of July cake looks amazing!!!!! Next time I come to visit I hope you make it!