Monday, June 14, 2010

Rodeo Weekend


This past weekend we drove down to Bend for the 70th Annual Sisters Rodeo. This was one of the things that I wanted to do before we moved and I'm so glad we got to go! We had such a great time! Mid-70s with a big, blue sky all weekend! Perfection!

We started off the day watching the parade through downtown Sisters. It was great! I know a lot of people aren't into parades, but Tyson and I loved it!

Here is my little cowboy on Daddy's shoulders for a better view.




Cowboys, parades, and the American flag....a perfect combination!


Tyson and Grandma Clearwater (We missed you, Grandma Mauldin!)


Some snapshots of my little buckaroo!











That afternoon we headed back into town for the Rodeo. I have only been to one other rodeo in my life, but I now want to go every year! We had so much fun!



Here is the One-armed Bandit. Apparently he's a world-renown animal trainer and he actually trained these buffalo to climb up onto this trailer! It was crazy! And I haven't seen many buffalo in my day, but dang, they're huge!


Bull riding is just plain crazy!


After sitting in the sun for over 3 hours we headed back to the house. Tyson wanted to cool off by getting wet, but I forgot his swim shorts. So we improvised! Ahhhh....to be 2 again!


Tyson and Daddy had this great idea to spray the slide with water and then slide down...


I don't think they realized how fast they would slide down, though! Tyson definitely ate some grass after that!









I just love this view from the backyard! It takes my breath away every time I see it!

It was a beautiful weekend and I'm so glad we decided to go, even if it was just for a couple of days. We could stay there forever! We'll miss you Bend!




A little taste of the Rodeo...minus the snow cones and elephant ears that we ate!

3 comments:

Maren B said...

Those pictures of Tyson are so stinking cute. He should be a little toddler model.

Cavan, Sarah, KaeLynn said...

How fun! I LOVE Bend too! I would move there in a heart beat if Cavan's business could survive there.... Where was little Zack cowboy hat? Tyson look so adorable!!

treadfamily said...

Those are some great pictures, I LOVE the ones of Tyson in his cowboy hat, they are awesome. I love the Sisters Rodeo, I haven't been in so long. And the picture from my dad's backyard makes me really miss it there. Love you guys and I'm glad you got to get so many visits in before you moved.