Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Happy Holidays

We had such a wonderful Christmas this year! It was very laid back and relaxing. We spent Christmas day just as a family and then headed over to Kara's house for the evening. Tyosn got some great presents! He was apparently a great little boy this past year! Here is one of his favorites! His first tricycle! We absolutely love it and if you couldn't tell by that adorable smile on Tyson's face, he loves it too! He tells me multiple times a day, "Mama, ride butt" aka bike! I love it! He reminds me of that fish on Finding Nemo, "Look at me! I'm gonna go touch the bu-utt!"



We drove down to Bend after Christmas to spend another fun and relaxing week with family and friends. It was great! We filled our days with bowling, Hearts, Ping Pong, hot tubing, and great food!
Here is Tyson with his friends Niya and Dreden getting pulled by Jake on his first ride on a sled and first experience with snow! He absolutely loved it and kept laughing and saying "More!" even after they tipped over and got a face full of snow!



David wanted in on the fun, even though his weight slowed down the sled ride quite a bit!

Tyson's first snowman, built by Lindsey and Marina. He thought it was so cool!

Tyson loved opening presents Christmas morning. He was great all month long and didn't even touch the presents under the tree until we let him loose Christmas morning! Good boy!


Tyson got a set of musical instruments from Nana K. He loves them, especially the harmonica! I really wanted to start teaching him music and different beats and rhythms so I am pumped about this present!


I think most mothers would hate a present like this, but as long as my child is happy, I don't care how much noise he makes! Party at the Kemp's!


My favorite Stocking Stuffer that I have EVER received!


Tyson had his first experience with Santa Claus at our ward Christmas Party. When Santa walked through the door, Tyson got this huge grin on his face, pointed right at Santa and shouted "Ho, ho, ho!" Then he ran right up to him and was second in line. I wasn't sure how he'd react to Santa, but he totally loved him!
Here he is trying to decide what he really wants for Christmas!
"Hmmmmmmmm"
My boys and Santa

It was a great Christmas and they'll just keep getting better as our children get older and start to get into the Christmas Spirit. I just love this time of year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just thought I'd peek to see if you changed the blog and sure enough you did. I love all the pictures,sooooo cute. The one I love best is the one of the two of the boys with Santa. Love it!
XO
Mom

David and Melanie said...

Glad you had an awesome christmas! Lily calls Santa "ho, ho, ho" too but she was afraid to go near him. And I agree that your stocking stuffer is fantastic!

treadfamily said...

I think that is a pretty cute stockig stuffer. I loved meeting Zack, he is so sweet. Lyssa has the same PJ's that Tyson is in, she wore them for Christmas as well. I'm glad that you had fun during the holidays and got such cute pictures.

capturingtheride said...

The "kissing cousins" is hilarious! If Tyson's hair were just a little lighter and Alyssa's hair a little longer...they could totally pull of being mini David and Kaitlyn at that age! So fun you got to spend so much time together!

Oh, LOVE the trike. That's the same one, I'm pretty sure (does it come in red?) that we had picked out for Sawyer for his b-day this year...but after trying out his friend's, we realized his feet were inches from the peddles. I guess we'll have to save it for when he's a little bigger! Bikes are so much fun! Even though Sawyer's doesn't even have peddles...he LOVES it, and he loves his "helmet" too (just like Dad's!)

Hope your new year is going well and you're enjoying ALL your cute boys ;)