Monday, November 2, 2009

Eye of the Tiger

Tyson was able to wear his boxing costume three times this year! The first set of pictures is when we went to the Portland Community Center for a Costume Carnival. We brought 2 cans of food for 4 free game tickets. Tyson even kicked a soccer ball into the goal for a prize! He's an awesome athlete and we love it!
Put up your dukes!



The carnival also had story time with bubbles and scarves, which Tyson absolutely loved!

For FHE the following Monday, we carved and colored our pumpkins.

FYI: crayons don't work on pumpkins, but I was trying to prevent the following two pictures by not giving Tyson markers! He thought they were chapstick! So funny! Good thing they were washable markers!


Tyson and Daddy working on their pumpkins

Getting a good look at the pumpkin guts.
Helping scoop out the seeds.
Decided his hand might get out more seeds than the spoon...
...then decided he was wrong to stick his hand in there! He kept saying "Ewwwwww," and whimpering for me to wipe it off!

The Friday before Halloween, I threw a costume party for my playgroup. It was a lot of work, but parties are always worth it! Here is Tyson "helping" in the kitchen.
"I didn't eat any chocolate, Mom. Nope! Not me!"
Actually, this picture looks like he's dang proud of the chocolate he ate!

Here are some of the goodies from the party, which everyone contributed to. YUM! This is why I love parties!
(Do you notice the creepy hand in the background?? Haha! Tyson was trying to sneak a treat!)
Everyone having a blast at the party


Then on Halloween, we took Tyson to downtown Gresham to go Trick or Treating for the first time. He loved all the costumes and would stare at the shopkeepers for at least a minute after they put a piece of candy in his basket. He didn't quite get it at first!
He started to catch on quickly, though! I love this picture! His face is priceless!
"Look what I got?! Can you believe it?!"
We let him have one piece of candy that night. His second Dum Dum ever and he loved every lick! He even tried to eat the paper stick!

"Mmmmmmmmm"
Aren't his lips just perfect?!
I guess Tyson had a little TOO much fun trick or treating!
"It was just a Dum Dum Officer, I promise!"
We hope everyone had a great Halloween!

5 comments:

Rachel and Jared said...

We love the little boxer, was it David's idea? Jack hates getting his hands covered in yucky stuff too. It looks like such a great party, sorry we couldn't be there!

Trisha said...

What an adorable boxer, cutest I've EVER seen! Looks like he's in love w/ Halloween now. Still bummed I missed your party, glad it was a good turn out though.

David and Melanie said...

so fun! I'm amazed you were able to wait this long before giving him a lollipop. My mom gave Lily her first at like 6 months. I wasn't happy about it but she's had way too many since then. Happy Halloween! And good luck with the baby birthing soon :)

Rivera Family said...

I wish we could have spent Halloween with you guys.

capturingtheride said...

Cute little boxer - and a very realistic looking bruise - was Momma the makeup artist?