Saturday, September 19, 2009

Last Days of Summer

We went down to Bend for a weekend so David could climb North Sister Mountain with his Dad and best friend Steve, aka Gale. It was a beast apparently! They had to hike 3 miles to the base of the mountain in the pouring rain (which actually turned into 8 miles because Dad didn't know where he was going!), set up camp for the night, try to sleep, and wake up early the next morning to hike the beast. I think it took around 5 hours to reach the top.

Here is a glacier pool they passed on the way up....brrrrrr!

Nearby mountain peaks of Broken Top, Bachelor, and South Sister.

They made it! And what a view!

David got home that night saying how much fun the hike was, but that camping officially sucks! Who wants to freeze their buns off while lying on the hard, rocky ground all night long just waiting for first light because you can't fall asleep??? Haha! I knew I married him for a reason! We love the outdoors, but when it's bedtime, point us to a hot shower and warm, cozy bed!


Just thought this was cute of Tyson. I got a thumbs up for a good breakfast!


This past weekend, we went to Oxbow Park, for the first time this summer, to splash around in the Sandy River and enjoy the last remaining warm days of summer. We had a great time!

Tyson loved splashing in the water and throwing rocks with his Dad

I didn't pack a swim diaper, and his regualr one filled up really fast! We just had to take it off and let him air dry for a while.....okay, okay.... I just wanted a bum shot!
And it was definitely worth it!

World Champion rock climber!

Tire swingin'

He loved his bubble bath at the end of our long day. After his shampoo, he wanted to brush his hair.

Tyson thought he was so funny sticking his hair in the bubbles!

Hope everyone is enjoying the last couple of days of summer too!
Oh, and I have exactly 2 months from today until my due date! Woo-hoo!

4 comments:

David and Melanie said...

Great job David! awesome photos, Kelli, and I have to agree I love a good bum shot (of babies that is)!

Karen said...

Love the pictures! Your little guy is very strong. Did you find out if you are having a boy or a girl? Or do you guys want to be surprised??? Miss you guys!

Maren B said...

Pretty impressive, David! Kelli, I miss you. When are we gonna hang out?

Rachel and Jared said...

What a hike! Looks beautiful! I love all those great pics of Tyson and Daddy. Keli you need to jump in front of the camera once in a while I want to see pictures of the belly.