To kick off the summer, I spent about 5 days with my best friend in her family's cabin on the island of Lopez, in the San Juan Islands. It was absolutely gorgeous and relaxing, and very fun having some girl time. Dave graciously took care of Tyson, with the help of friends and family during school hours, during finals week so I could go. Thanks, babe!
Here is the view from her cabin. Absolutely peaceful, right? Once I looked out the window, all the stress I had been carrying went away in one deep breath.

Her cabin
Another gorgeous view from the cabin
Kenz and I drove all over the island and found different beaches to lounge and read and nap on. It was wonderful! Behind us is the piece of driftwood that we used for a pillow during one nap...it was seriously comfy!
One beach was especially windy and even with our hair tied back, it still did this! We just had to take a picture!
My lovely tourguide of the harbor. She rowed the whole time (Thank you!) and we just chatted for a couple of hours as we floated in the dingy around Shoal Bay.
One day we took the main ferry to a different island where we walked around the cute shops and had fish and chips for lunch.
On the ferry
I saw some awesome things while scoping out the island....like this ginormous purple starfish! I didn't know they got this big....or Purple!
We also found this fish in a mini tidepool and it was still breathing, so Kenzie actually picked it up and threw it back in the ocean to save it. But once it hit the water, we didn't see it swim away..... she tried so hard too! We were very sad.
Can you see the sea lion in the middle of the picture? So cute! We saw about 5 of them!
A pretty lighthouse
Sea anemanemanes...wierd,slimy things...
We went out to dinner one night and ate amazing fish saw amazing views
We spent our last night making s'mores and drinking cider to toast our lovely trip. I have to mention that the cider had been in the cabin a WHILE, so we took one sip and poured out the rest! It was a good thought anyway!
Thanks Kenz for an awesome time!
We went berry picking one weekend and came back and made marionberry jam! 12 pints of it! It was so fun and Tyson loved eating the berries he picked from the vine!
After the trip with Kenz, I met up with Dave and Tyson and Kara, Greg, Gale, Lindsey, Hayley, and Andrew at the Oregon coast for the weekend. We had a blast together.
Then we set out for Utah where we spent time with family and friends.
Then we set out for Utah where we spent time with family and friends.
Here is Tyson and Alyssa sharing an Eggo waffle. Blueberry to be exact.
Tyson was having such a blast in Kyle's backyard! So much room to play and cool things to ride on...he was in heaven!
Cute, little Courtney and Peyton at the water fountain Kyle installed in their backyard
Here's Kyle building a Corn Hole game board. The name sounds ridiculous but it's seriously awesome and we battled it out a few nights after the kids went to bed. Now Dave wants to build one!
I was laughing so hard during this video, sorry! Tyson looked so cute driving all around!And then you can see at the end of it just how good of a listener I have!
Tyson just started saying this a couple of days ago. This is the first word that he actually repeats after we say it first. Woo-hoo! And he says "I love you" by waving, you'll see at the end.
6 comments:
Oh Kel that last video of Tyson is TENDER. And HOOORRAAAYYYYY we had so much fun at Lopez! I'm so glad we finally got to go up there together! I love you!
I loved that last video...so cute!
Looks like lots and lots of fun times! We are big fans of the San Juans! We celebrated our anniversary at Friday Harbor. Doesn't it make you think maybe you guys should come up and visit us sometime? We will now have a guest room with it's own bathroom - and live 5 minutes from the beach! Okay, maybe after I feel a little better and can spend more than 30 minutes at a time off the couch or floor...but Come on, Come on!
Wow that was cute! More words and clearer than his cousin David! Way cute! Looks like you guys have really been living it up this summer. Way to go! Love ya
Jen
wow what a trip! i'm so glad you had a chance to relax. You deserve it!
Your friend's cabin looks pretty sweet! I am glad you were able to go hang out with her and relax and that your little family was able to have so much fun over the break. That video of Tyson driving around is so cute! What a big boy!
Post a Comment