Monday, November 24, 2008

A Heart of Gratitude

So I've been blogging for awhile and have never just written anything without it having a matching picture. Well, for some reason, I feel compelled to express something today...

I LOVE MY LIFE!!!!

I have the most amazing husband in the entire world who loves me more than words can express. I can't explain how knowing of his great love for me makes me feel. I am so blessed to have him in my life. My mind continuously replays the events that led up to our meeting and they are unbelievable. How everything just fell into place....I know that Heavenly Father had His hand in every part of it. I am so thankful that we both had enough faith to follow a path that was unclear at the time. It's funny how little of the "Big Picture" we can actually see. But that's all a part of the test of mortality; to see if we have enough faith in this Gospel and our Heavenly Father. Having this faith will bless our lives more than we can comprehend if we will only listen. I am beginning to see my blessings unravel before me day by day as I continue to place my life in the Lord's loving, gentle hands.

I not only have a husband, whom I love more and more deeply everyday, I have a wonderful and perfect son! A son I can love and teach and laugh and slobber kisses all over every single day! I am so blessed! I can't believe I am so blessed! What did I do to deserve this? My mind is baffled, yet my heart is thankful. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for these two wonderful blessings in my life.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope that in this season you are able to recognize the blessings in your life, both big and small.

4 comments:

capturingtheride said...

Well said. You are blessed and you are also a blessing :) We are looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Rach said...

hey are you guys still in contact with the Herbertz? i know you guys hung out with them sometimes.

Rach said...

I know it is sooo sad! And they just lost their business and everything!

Karen said...

You have a very handsome little boy. I am glad you found my blog. Cam and I are doing great. We are moving to La Habra (we really want a washer and dryer in our apartment). How is your little family doing? Do you have any future plans of coming down here? Keep in touch! :)