Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fall Break

I loved our Fall Break! We went over to Bend for a week and had the best time! Family, great food, beautiful weather, and, of course, many late nights playing Hearts!

I just love Sisters! It really is the perfect town. Small, quiet, an isolated valley surrounded by gorgeous mountains....ahhhh....a breath of fresh air! Oh, and I can't forget the most amazing night sky filled with more stars than I ever dreamed existed!

Tyson got to say "Hi!" to Piper, Grandma Kemp's horse that she is so dedicated in training. I think he liked Tyson because he kept staring at him and even showed off with a little side-stepping and barrel jumping!

"I didn't do it."

We went on a beautiful 5 mile hike to Tenas Lakes! We borrowed this backpack from the grandparents and Tyson had a pretty good time! Yep, I actually carried Tyson for about 3 miles! At first I put on the pack to pose for the photo so it LOOKED like I carried him, but I decided to keep wearing it and not be a fraud!

The hike was awesome! For some reason though, I was afraid we'd get attacked by a bear or mountain lion, and since we didn't have any weapons or anything, I carried a sharp stick the whole way! I'm a dork, but it made me feel better knowing that I could poke out the bear's eye if it tried anything!


That's David way over there! He was planning on skinny dipping, but then some more hikers showed up! That would've been a great show!

Tyson loved playing in the water! Mommy didn't though, it was freezing!


Grandma and Grandpa Kemp flew down from Provo to spend the week with us too, so we rented a minivan after picking them up from the Portland airport and drove to Bend together! It was great! We had such an awesome time getting to know them better over the week, just hanging out and playing lots and lots of Hearts! I loved Grandpa's reaction whenever he got "The Old Lady." He'd always say to the person who gave it to him, "Oh, you dirty bird!" He is hilarious! We also got to celebrate his 83rd birthday with Terri's homemade chocolate cake! Happy Birthday, Grandpa!

4 comments:

Rach said...

grampa kemp looks like president hinkley! how are you guys?

Jacob said...

Ooh! Looks like you guys had a great time! Central Oregon IS full of fresh air - and sunshine :) I love the hike to Tenas Lakes - last time I went was a few years ago in July and the water was pretty dang cold then, too (but it sure felt good). One lucky thing about you still being "students" is you get things like "Fall Break" - glad to see you're taking advantage and enjoying it! We are looking forward to seeing you at Thanksgiving!

ps- I heard that Tyson is starting to crawl!? Watch out now!

Rachel and Jared said...

Looks like fun!! I wish we could have been there for Grandpa Kemp's birthday too. Tyson is getting so cute. I can't wait to see some of those videos.

Rach

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun, I'm jealous! I also love spending time in Bend and Sisters. I hope you and mom visited Angeline's, my fave. ps - Is Tyson walking? Sure looks like he is close!! Luvs, Tia