For Thanksgiving this year, we got to have lots of family around and it was lovely! Nana Kay was here and so were Kate, Taylor and her two beautiful girls! We got to meet little Alexandra for the first time and she is just delicious!
Tyson thought so too!
Uncle David couldn't get enough of her either!
The boys loved spending time with their Nana Kay!
We woke up to this one morning and David decided to take Tyson out and play in the snow for over an hour. They both had a great time together!
Snowball fight!
Snow wrestling
Tyson's poor, little face after they got back home. He was freezing but incredibly happy!
We hosted 3 different Christmas parties this year and attended 2 more! It was great! That is why I love this month, party time! And it's a lovely excuse for me to make a ridiculous amount of yummy treats!
I couldn't find Tyson one afternoon and then I found him snuggled in my bed with my cell phone. I asked him what he was doing and he responded, "Just texting some people." He cracks me up!
More treats: popcorn balls, white chocolate peppermint fudge, and double chocolate peppermint cookies
For one of our family nights we made this gingerbread house. Tyson loved it!
We actually got a warm day in December and we went for a walk. The boys loved being outside and it was good for me as well!
My best friend, Kenzie, gave me the greatest Christmas present this year: She offered to babysit my boys while David and I went to see the lights at Temple Square, and she also gave us tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert, front row, seats 1 and 2! Woo-hoo! They were actually President Monson's seats, (long story) but he was unable to attend! So David and I were the guests of honor! We saw multiple general authorities, including Richard G. Scott, who gave me a big smile! The concert totally rocked and got us in the Christmas mood and then we went out of the Conference Center through the "secret passageway" that the "Special" people get to use! Haha! I kept telling David to "be cool! Just act cool! We're never going to get this opportunity again so let's just go through the secret passageway!" :) We did, and it was an adventure!
Tyson just had to go outside one freezing day so I let him out on the balcony. Then I caught him doing this.
For another family night we went to see the lights at Thanksgiving Point and meet Santa and his reindeer!
It is so funny how many little kids are scared of Santa! Not our guys! They were so good throughout the whole 1 1/2hr wait and were ecstatic to meet St. Nick!
On Christmas Eve we went to this place called Kangaroo Zoo where they have tons of huge inflatable jumping houses and the boys loved every second!
I just love a cute bum in some jeans!
Christmas morning!
Santa brought Tyson this basketball hoop and here is his first shot! Score!
Checking out the stockings
Zachary enjoying his stocking gifts
We went over to our friends, Bill and Cara's house, for a delicious Christmas dinner and some fun! The boys love it over there!
David celebrated his birthday on December 30th and I took him out to dinner to a Brazilian restaurant and then to a Utah Jazz game. We had a great night out!
I leave the boys unattended and this is what happens. These were all clean clothes just ready to be put away.....but the process took just a little bit longer than planned this time!
(There is actually someone hiding under all of those clothes! Can you spot the culprit?)
See him now?
On David's actual birthday, I organized a surprise party for him! We had a great turnout and lots of fun!
3 comments:
What a fun season. I love your pictures!! Thanks for sharing. I hope you're feeling good.
I miss your yummy treats!!! They looked delicious! I have always wanted to see temple square at Christmas time. What an awesome gift that was! Why is it that you keep getting these sweet deals when it comes to the prophet!? I need to move to Utah!
Totally love all the pictures. I love the new look of the blog. I will have to have you tell me how you did that. The pictures look so good framed out like that. Love and miss you so much!
Jen
Post a Comment