Friday, April 16, 2010

Sentosa Island

We went to Sentosa Island all day the next day. Our first stop here was Underwater World. Tyson loved this place! He loved petting the slimy stingrays and holding the starfish.

Below is the psychotic Devil stingray that almost ate my son. I am not lying. This thing came flying at Tyson, who was so innocently waving hello, with it's mouth open, fins flapping, and tail thrashing! It's body was halfway over the side of the tank right in front of Tyson! Tyson just jumped back but still wanted to go and pet them some more. I wasn't so forgiving and wanted to move on to something less threatening...like sharks!


I love these tubes! They're so much fun!


Wow. That is one huge crab!


We got to see a dolphin show while we were there too. It was short, but Tyson thought it was awesome!


Tyson also got to pet a seal while at Underwater World! So cute! It's big brown eyes matched my baby's big browns!


We decided to finish our day at the beach. We pretty much had it to ourselves too!
So we were swimming in it for around an hour when the lifeguard on duty decides to come over to us and say that there are jellyfish in the water.......really?! After we'd been swimming for an HOUR? You come up to us then??
Not 5 minutes after we all got out, we saw a jellyfish.


My beautiful niece, Emili


Tyson swimming with uncle Ben


David's first time surfing!
He went on with a Boogie Board after a few tries surfing and thought it was much more fun!

1 comment:

See Mack Snow said...

Um, as much as I am enjoying your trip documentation, that video at the end of Tyson waving to the sting ray was terrifying. I kept waiting for the devil psychotic sting ray to come flying out of the water.

Also, you should call me.