My little boy is 2! How did this happen? Does anyone know where my little baby boy went? I can't believe it's already been 2 years! He's a toddler now! How crazy is that?!
I just love this little boy so much. Here's why:
- He still gives the greatest kisses in the world
- Loves to snuggle on my lap and read book after book
- Drools hardcore during his naps
- I go to get him after he wakes up in the morning and after his naps and he's singing a Tyson original and playing air guitar
- He loves to dance with his Mama and Dada
- Gives loooong family kisses (all 3 of us are kissing simultaneously)
- Loves family prayer and always gives an enthusiastic "Amen!"
- Loves bean burritos
- and "sauce" aka applesauce
- Would watch "Winnie the Pooh" all day, everyday if we allowed it
- Loves to take David's wedding ring and do "magic" (make it disappear by hiding it somewhere...usually behind his back!) Oh, and he makes a great disappearing sound effect while he's at it!
- Has a hilarious imagination and loves to look at pictures in books and, for example, after seeing a picture of bubbles, he will scoop them in his hands and blow them in the air and then run around and chase them
- He is very active and loves to ride his tricycle and tractor, climb on our couches and jump off onto his beanbag, wrestle with Dada when he gets home from school, run laps up and down our hallway..anything to get his heart racing!
- Loves to sit on the counter or stand on a chair and help me cook or bake
- Has to have 2 blankets when he goes to sleep
-Loves to find school buses and big trucks when we're driving
- Will tell me the color of every stoplight
- Knows the colors blue, red, yellow, brown, pink, purple, green
- Can count to 9 (He refuses to say 10. When we get to 10, he just yells 9 again with a little more enthusiasm than the last time!)
- Knows descriptive words like rough, smooth, and bumpy
- Loves his brother Zack and when I ask him to help Zack stop crying he'll go over to him and start talking in a high-pitched voice and Zack stops crying!
- He is such a comedian and loves to make his Mommy laugh
- Lately he's been pretty defiant, but funny about it so I have a hard time getting mad! When I ask him to do something he'll shout "No!" but yell it like he's just said "Yeah" Like it's the coolest thing he's ever heard and he gets this small smile on his face and his eyes twinkle..the little stink!
- I just love him so much and I'm so greatful to have this little man in my life. He's my shining star.
This is a picture from his birthday morning bubble bath. His request, of course!
That night our little family celebrated with one of his favorite foods: pizza!
He wished for more pizza!
He also got a Winnie the Pooh movie which we turned on immediately!
Another gift was playdough and he thinks this is the coolest stuff he's ever squished!

The next night we had a bunch of friends and their kids over for his Winnie the Pooh party! It turned out awesome! We had a burrito bar (Tyson's fave) and a Pooh cake and then the kids just ran around our apartment's clubhouse wreaking havoc. They had an absolute blast!
The birthday boy
They were all watching the Pooh movie at one point!
Here's the infamous cake! I actually baked the darn thing the night before knowing that the next day was going to be too crazy to do it. So I pulled the finished cake out of the oven around 10:30pm and had to let it cool in the pan for 1 hour before I could remove it. So at 11:30pm, I opened up the cake pan to see a beautiful bear and then...it's head fell off! All I could think of was "Awesome." I left the cake and the dirty pans and dirty dishes all over my kitchen and went to bed completely exhausted and deflated.
Tyson loved his cake despite the missing backside. He kept calling the cake "Mine" with a huge smile. That smile made this all worth it!
The next night we had a bunch of friends and their kids over for his Winnie the Pooh party! It turned out awesome! We had a burrito bar (Tyson's fave) and a Pooh cake and then the kids just ran around our apartment's clubhouse wreaking havoc. They had an absolute blast!
I woke up early the next morning so I could run to the store and buy two more cake mixes (this cake takes 2) and get some balloons filled with helium. I went to 3 different stores to try and fill the balloons with helium before I found one that would do it! Ridiculous! I rushed home to clean up the decapitated cake, pans and dishes all over the kitchen so I could make another mess by baking the cake again.
I got it in the oven, it cooked for one hour, cooled for one hour, and then I took the pans apart only to discover that Pooh Bear was missing his booty! "You've got to be kidding me!" His tush stuck to the pan! My bear was buttless!
I went ahead and started frosting him anyway and tried to glue the booty on with frosting and even tried sticking bobby pins in his bum...nothing worked! So Tyson's Winnie the Pooh cake and my visions of perfection went into the trash...along with a slice of tush. I took pictures atleast to document!
6 comments:
Cute post with a lot of cute pictures! Looks like Tyson had an awesome birthday thanks to awesome parents. We had a good time at the party. So sweet that Zack stops crying when Tyson talks to him; what a good big brother!
So cute and big. I think the cake turned out pretty sweet anyways. I think I would have just used the one with the head off. Way to go Kelli, baking two cakes!! So cute how Tyson likes to do magic...definitely a Kemp. Every time I look at Tyson it is as if a little David is looking back at me. So CUTE!!
Tyson is such a cute little sweetheart. I miss him. It's looks like you had fun even though you had to make two cakes. I'm impressed that you went through so much trouble, he will love the memory when he gets older. Your cute. And I'm sure the cake tasted great!! Happy Birthday Tyson.
And I am so stinkin excited that you guys are going to Singapore for two whole weeks! You guys really need a vacation together and I'm so excited that you guys get to do that. I'm sure the 27 hour flight will not be the most fun, but it'll be fun once you get there. Take lots of pictures so show us the fun. Love you!!
I am very impressed by the cake. It looks so much better then the pink thing we made two years ago. If you are ever down this way stop by. When is Dave done with school?
Happy Birthday, Tyson! Wish we could've been there to celebrate with you! And good job, Momma, with all that cake-making! Way to go the extra mile :)
David KEMP! Now wit his own family O.O
Até q enfim te achei rapá! Seu safado filho da mãe haiuhauihuai
Orkut c num tem né? Se tiver add eu http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Profile?uid=82523296669537108
Procurei vc e o Funk na internet mas nunca achei, eu casei tem um ano já, foi em Janeiro de 2009. Veri de Vitória - ES q me falou do blog.
Depois add skype q um dia podemos conversar on line, só buscar meu nome "Sidney Adriano O. Coutinho" ou "sidneyadriano", só tem eu de Sorocaba - SP =D.
Abs pra vc e sua linda família!
Attempt of translation
At least i founded u! Your *CENSORED*! LOL!
Did u have a orkut profile? Add me (same link above).
I looked after u and Funk on the Internet but never founded, i married (dang it >.<) 1 year ago, Jannuary 2009. Veri from Victory - Holy Ghost (hauihauihuai)told me about the blog. If u have skype add me too, we can talk on line, search for my name "Sidney Adriano O. Coutinho" or just "sidneyadriano", only me from Sorocaba - SP.
Huges to u and your beatifull family! =D
email and msn: saocoutinho@gmail.com
Post a Comment